Cis people say that the trans stuff is confusing. Here is a thread of simple explanations of trans issues 1. What is being trans? Male gender identity and born with a dick = Not trans Female gender identity and born with a vagina = No trans Any other variation = trans
4. What is and isn’t transphobic? What is transphobic: Arguing, for any reason, that trans peoples presence in any space or context is harmful. Not seeing a trans person’s identity as equal to cisgender person’s identity. That’s…basically it.
May 11, 2022 · 4:28 AM UTC
5. What can I do to be a better ally? Stop thinking about it in terms of you scoring enough points to gain some title that doesn’t really mean anything. Just don’t be a dick and show up to our protests and maybe tell your friends about the crap we get. That’s enough.
8. What about free speech? Surely we should be able to discuss my concerns? The UK has been ‘discussing’ your ‘concerns’ for 6 years. They are all bollocks. But as a result there are now thousands of people who incorrectly believe that trans peoples presence is a problem
According to a report from the UK’s independent press regulator the number of media reports about trans issues increased 400% between 2015-2020 (the majority presented trans people’s presence as a problem) Over that same period, transphobic hate crime reports increased 332%
12. Is there anything else I should know? Well, not really. This is basically the whole thing and it really isn’t difficult to get your head around this crap. Anyone who argues these issues are complex is lying, probably to give cover to anti trans bastards.
13. Is JK Rowling a transphobe? She sounds so reasonable. Everything JK Rowling has ever said about trans anything is transphobic because everything she has said ever is portraying the presence/concept of trans people as a problem (see point 4 on this list)
16. But most trans people are left wing! Well, if a group of people are discriminated against and oppressed by society is it any wonder that they will be attracted to political ideas based on reforming and opposing the discriminatory/oppressive society?